I have experience responding to emergencies and disasters at the city, county, and state level as well as for a non-profit and the nation’s largest public university system. I mostly work in the planning section or as an agency representative in management.
I have responded to seven presidentially declared major disasters, and numerous state / locally proclaimed emergencies. All of my response experience is within California, from San Diego to Santa Barbara counties.
While wildfires have been my most common incident type, I’ve also responded to winter storms, debris flows, power outages, a mass shooting, a nuclear alert, and a tsunami.
In 2018, I earned a Type III position credential as Planning Section Chief from the California Specialized Training Institute. Below you’ll find my comprehensive response experience that I update periodically.
- CA Wildfires (DR-4558): EOC Director, California State University Systemwide EOC (virtual) August 20 – 28, 2020
- CA COVID-19 Pandemic (DR-4482): CalOES Agency Representative, Los Angeles, Inyo, and Riverside County EOCs (virtual) March – April 2020
- CA Feb 2019 Winter Storms (DR-4431): Deputy Director, CalOES Regional EOC February 14, 2019
- Hill & Woolsey Fires (DR-4407): CalOES Agency Representative, Ventura County EOC November 9-14, 2018
- Borderline Mass Shooting Incident: CalOES Agency Representative, Ventura County EOC November 8, 2018
- October Storms 1: CalOES Agency Representative, Riverside County EOC September 30, 2018
- Holy Wildfire (FM-5268): CalOES Southern Region Duty Officer August 9-13, 2018
- West & Holiday Wildfires (FM-5251 & 5252): Planning Section Chief, CalOES Regional EOC July 6-8, 2018
- March 2018 Winter Storm: CalOES Agency Representative, Ventura County EOC March 20-21, 2018
- Montecito Debris Flow (DR-4353): Planning Section Chief, CalOES Regional EOC January 10, 2018
- January 2018 Winter Storm: CalOES Agency Representative, Ventura County EOC January 8, 2018
- Thomas Wildfire (DR-4353): CalOES Agency Representative, Ventura County EOC Level II Activation Dec 4-21, 2017
- Vista Wildfire: CalOES Agency Representative, Ventura County EOC Level II Activation October 24, 2017
- Canyon 2 Wildfire (DR-4344): Situation Unit Leader, CalOES Regional EOC October 10-12, 2017
- Colton Power Outage: Deputy Operations Section Chief, CalOES Regional EOC August 31, 2017
- Diablo Canyon Power Plant Alert: Deputy Planning Section Chief, CalOES Regional EOC July 28, 2017
- CA Feb 2017 Winter Storms (DR-4308): Documentation Unit Leader, American Red Cross Feb 18, 2017
- January 2017 SoCal Floods (DR-4305): Deputy Planning Section Chief, American Red Cross Jan 22, 2017
- Sand Fire: Geographic Information Systems Unit Leader, American Red Cross EOC July 23, 2016
- Sage Fire: Planning Section Chief, American Red Cross EOC July 9, 2016
- Old Fire: Deputy Planning Section Chief, American Red Cross EOC June 5, 2016
- Antelope Valley Mudslides: Situation Unit Leader, American Red Cross EOC October 17, 2015
- 405 Closure: EOC Responder, City of Los Angeles Level 1 Activation July 16, 2011
- Tohoku Tsunami (DR-1968): EOC Responder, City of Los Angeles Level 1 Activation March 11, 2011